Job title: Engineer
ESAM, Inc., a specialty custom cable, wire harness, contract manufacturing firm headquartered in Grants Pass, Oregon has an immediate opening in our Engineering Department. This position is primarily for help with Space Flight cables yet being versatile and able to work in any department needed. This is a good position to learn with the development of a new program in a commercial Space Flight market which requires a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering principles, applied in an industrial environment.
For the Space Flight department specifically, we need someone who can:
- Work through technical packages provided by customers (Drawings, schematics, BoMs)
- Maintain conformance to relevant standards (IPC-WHMA-A-620, NASA-STD-8739.4)
- Effectively communicate issues and propose solutions (written and oral communication)
- Work alongside manufacturing on builds to meet deadlines (Attention to detail is a must)
- Create assembly instructions for consistent outputs (proficient in PowerPoint, Word, & Excel)
- Follow procedures and maintain accurate documentation
- Focus on quality above all else
ESAM, Inc. offers a generous benefit package including paid sick, holiday, vacation and 401k with company match. We also offer medical, dental, vision and paid life insurance.