Job title: Potting
Supervision: Manufacturing Section Manager, Manufacturing Manager
Summary of Position: The Potting position is an Electronic Assembler, Potting position primarily involves the proper use and placement of adhesive and bonding materials used in the manufacturing process.
- Follow Assembly Instructions (AI) for proper placement of bonding materials.
- Prior to use, review safety data sheets(SDS) on each chemical used for potential hazards, safe handling and proper protective equipment (PPE).
- Works with engineering to review safety measures and insure they are followed.
- Follow all safety guidelines for handling/storing chemicals properly.
- Review mixing equations and properly mix chemicals.
- Use tools to bond (syringes, scales, mixing tools, etc.)
- Fill out traveler paperwork.
- Make suggestions on improving the processes.
- Inspect other operators work as necessary.
- Perform special assignments and other tasks as required.
- Able to distinguish colors, read small print and read a ruler.
- Able to pass medical requirements and wear a respirator mask.
- Able to wear splash guard eye protection while working with chemicals.
- Read, understand and adhere to all safety instructions regarding chemicals.
- Have excellent manual dexterity and willing to wear hand protection.
- Sit for eight (8) or more hours per day.
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs. on a repeated basis.
- Bonding requires modifications and touch-ups which may include the need for sanding, drilling, filing and cleaning. Must be able to perform these processes.
- Read and become familiar with various bonding cure times and procedures.
- Able to work overtime and weekends
- Able to sit or stand for more than (8) hours a day.
- Have the ability to work with arms at shoulder level for extended periods of time.